Despite all the eating, laughing and drinking we do manage to get some sewing done. The first morning can be a little slow to get going (we have a rule that no-one sews on the first night - that is set aside for catching up) but once we start there is no stopping us. I think that the last ones sewing were still up at 1.00 am .......
This quilt was made for a home ec teacher who was retiring (most of these wonderful ladies work at the local high school). Some of the people who worked with her contributed fabric and took a turn at making up a block then Alison put it all together and will quilt it. The background and border fabric is covered in cute cooking utensils.
Great pics and projects Kylie. What gorgeous quilts. Loved your show & tell. Sounds like you had another GREAT weekend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lot of lovely quilts look like you had a great time away.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos Kylie, I am so envious of your time together. I especially love your quilt..
ReplyDeleteMore amazing quilts! Looks like it is a great retreat to go to!
ReplyDelete