Pages

Tuesday 3 November 2009

Busy Times

Does anybody else find this time of year just crazy? Since the kids have gone back to school things have been go go go. Term 4 is always busy with lots of after school sporting activities as well as the usual guitar lessons, work, TAFE and housework (YUK). I am finding that there are just not enough hours in the day to fit everything in.
I have been able to get a little stitching in though, but not as much as I would like. Most of it has been done this past weekend.
This is a cushion that I am making for my wonderful Mum for xmas. I have used fabrics from the Portabello Market moda range and the pattern is by Sally Giblin. I recently made another Sally Giblin cushion with this fabric and Mum admired the fabric and they are her favourite colours. I have actually been able to use left over fabrics from the other cushion so I have not broken my 'no fabric/no more new projects (except xmas gifts) until after xmas diet' (now that is another story altogether). The saying is 'Mother you will always hold a special place in my heart'.

A couple of weeks ago I had a birthday and turned ????. My Mum and Dad gave me a subscription to the Fat Quarter Shop 2009 Mystery BOM and also purchased the backing fabric and finishing kit - now aren't I a lucky girl. The first photo is of backing fabric and finishing kit and the photo below that are blocks 1 - 5 (I am a bit behind as it started back in May). The fabrics are Glace by Moda and are just gorgeous. I have been busting to get started but as yet have not had a chance. I have decided not to count this in my no new projects diet as it was a gift and I just can't wait until after xmas to start it - can you blame me.


This is a table runner that I have made as a xmas gift for my SIL. I have used the free Gail Pan pattern from her blog and I have to say that I just loved stitching this design. It was very easy and quick and the little bird is oh so cute. I have used a red and cream spot from the Crazy 8 xmas range which I think looks fantastic. My SIL loves red and has lots of red accessories in her kitchen and dining room.

Now you might be wondering about the 'no fabric/no more new projects (except xmas gifts) until after xmas diet'. I have decided to join Bec's fabric diet and add an extra bit to it with the no more projects. Since starting my blog and reading everyone elses wonderful blogs my fabric and project addiction has reached a whole new level and has become totally out of control. I have so many projects on the go and have purchased so much fabric that I have become overwhelmed by it all and was almost too frightened to go into the sewing nook. I lost my mojo and did not know where to start. After some lovely advice and emails from Bec I have pledged not to buy any more fabric or start any new projects until after xmas - boring I know but it must be done to save my sanity (and the bank balance lol).
Does anyone else feel like this at times or does it not bother you? I would love to hear your comments.
Well must be going - lots to do, dinner to cook, homework to do etc etc etc.
Chat Soon
Kylie xxxx
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Khris78 said...

wow what an awesome birthday present!!!!
I love your gifts for xmas as well. Totally understand how crazy term 4 is, cant wait for it to be over :)
Cheers,
Khris

Anonymous said...

Hi Kylie - your table runner is beautiful (link to SIL's blog - hint, hint)... and your Mam's cushion looks like it is coming along very nicely - wonderful colours. I know what you mean about feeling overwhelmed by projects, fabrics, wools, crafts - sometimes we try to pack so much in that we just don't know where to start. I try very hard now to finish one project before I start another - but it's not easy and get very easily distracted by another project calling my name. I've never heard of a fabric diet although think perhaps I need to go on one. I often try to use old clothes and things so the piece I'm making has a bit of history behind it but when you see beautiful fat quarters (ohhh, the temptation can be hard to resist) lol.
Shell x

Bec said...

The cushion looks very beautiful for your mum, I am sure she will love it. The tablerunner for your SIL will look lovely at Christmas time!
Can't wait to see how your blocks for that gorgeous BOM come together....
Definately feel like that at times. Too much to do and not enough time!

Wendyb said...

ooooo Kylie....you and me even have the same fabric tastes!!!!! love them and cant wait to see your BOM started!! Your mum's going to love her cushion and so will SIL, I bet!!!
Overwhelmed?????.....aaaaaaaaargh.....does that answer your question!!???? hahaha
Squeeze another 24hours into each day and it might all just fit in!!!!
XXX Wendy 'o)