Pages

Friday 19 November 2010

This and That

Life has been fairly hectic here lately but I have managed to do something. Recently I was involved in a Paper Bag Swap with an on-line stitching group. Each person in the swap was given a swap partner and you then sent that person two fat quarters, some embellishments, a stitchery which was optional and of course some chocolate. As I was busy moving, my lovely swap partner Vicki agreed on a later finishing date so last week I finished and posted this to her. It is a 9 1/2 inch blockkeeper and a little covered notebook. I enjoyed making this blockkeeper and even made one for myself.


I also finished another tablerunner. This is a pattern from the Moda Bakeshop blog and made with Lumiere De Noel by French General. (Can you see the boxes in the background that still need unpacking - mmm maybe one day I will get to them - I am sooo over unpacking at the moment).


I just love this red print fabric.


I also found some time to make Fee's
fruit cake which was delicious.


I have also been getting my new sewing room into some order. I purchased these bookshelves from Go-Lo. They were nice and cheap, easy to put together and fit perfectly into the limited space that I have. I have had lots of fun organising the shelves and can now move around in the sewing room without falling over everything. Now I just need to find some time to actually do some more stitching. Fingers xxx it may happen this weekend.



Chat soon
Kylie xxxx





5 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Kylie..love what you made for Vic...and I actually have that table runner pattern printed out, you have done a fantastic job...have fun getting the sewing room organized...

Teresa said...

Hi Kylie, I love what you made for Vicki - it was a great swap. Your table runner is simply stunning and reminds me I have two to make before Christmas. I just love this runner and the fabrics are divine. Must, must get mine started this weekend.

Vicki said...

Love the shelves, Kylie and you already know how much I love my block keeper and note pad, which have now both been used! Great tablerunner too :D

Aunty said...

The blog holder that you made for Vicki looks great. I love the table runner, great colours.

Bec said...

The shelves look fantastic and will be very well used I think! Love Vicki's block keeper, and I love your tablerunner, stunning!