Pages

Thursday 1 October 2015

Done!

Finally my Gardeners Journal quilt is finished! It has only taken me about 6 years lol.  The fabric range that I used was called Garden Party by Blackbird Designs.  Not really my colours anymore but I still like it just the same.


(Please ignore the daggy pegs!)




This was also my first attempt at hand quilting & I have to say I am hooked.  

This is going to be a Christmas gift for my mum so my Christmas gift making has officially begun.

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful spring weather.  I've spent a good part of today sitting on the verandah reading lots of wonderful blogs - I just love the school holidays!

Happy Stitching

Kylie xxx




6 comments:

wish2stitch said...

Woo Hoo!! Well done, from start to finish wi your own hands. It looks fantastic!

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

That's the same range I did mine in. The top is done but no quilting, I was just thinking this morning about getting it out and seeing what I could do with it. You must feel good about finishing and having a gift done already.

Susan said...

Such a beautiful design, and a great fabric range. I have used quite a lot of that myself. Great job on the hand quilting too. It's certainly not a quick option but it's so special to complete a whole quilt by hand, and I think your mum will treasure it.

Susan said...

Such a beautiful design, and a great fabric range. I have used quite a lot of that myself. Great job on the hand quilting too. It's certainly not a quick option but it's so special to complete a whole quilt by hand, and I think your mum will treasure it.

Janice said...

How good to have a finish and to complete the hand quilting. Your Mum will love it. What a great gift.

Jenny said...

Doesn't matter how long , the important thing is that it is finished. Looks beautiful.