Pages

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Borders are On

I started this quilt at the Middlebrook Quilting Retreat last September. I got all but the borders done. Actually the pattern did not have borders on it but I felt it needed them to finish it off. After admiring a quilt that Chookyblue had made in the same fabric (different pattern) which she had added a chocolate chenille border which I loved, I decided to do the same with my quilt.
As is so typical of me, I have had the chenille for quite some time but was procrastinating about adding the border (I have no idea why). As I was going back to Middlebrook a couple of weeks ago I decided that I had better get my act together and get those borders on so I would have something for show and tell.
So here it is with borders attached. I am really happy with how it has turned out and have today sent it off to The Quilters Coop at Cowra to have it quilted.







Kylie xxxx

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh WOW!! Looks really great Kylie! The chenille borders really suit
x Sarah

Bec said...

I just want to pick it up and cuddle it! Looks great Kylie, and I am sure that now the borders are FINALLY on that you are itching for the quilter to hurry up!

Chookyblue...... said...

oh love it Kylie........see the chocolate chenille is just devine.........looks yummo on the quilt.......and I love it in the header too.........