Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Seriously!


Surely it cannot be nearly three months since my last post.   Its official I am very very slack (at blogging anyway).   In my defence I have been extremely busy with the every day stuff and also worked full-time for an eight week block.   I have managed to get a little stitching done.


Some Hexies for my Leanne Beasley quilt - doing this is Bliss and a little Ruby  


My DD and I are a little addicted to owls at the moment so one night (very late I might add) she decided that we just had to make some from the Natalie Ross pattern that I recently purchased.   DD's is the large purple owl (her fav colour) and mine is the little one.   I fiddled for ages to find the right combination and still was not overly happy (it was very late) however DD started with her favourite purple fabric, grabbed some others out of my scrap basket and within minutes she had decided on her combination which she loves - how do kids manage to do that??   Mine has rice in its backside to make him stand up but DD decided she wanted hers cuddly so she opted out of the rice.



Not a great photo I have just realised but I have slowly started the SKOW quilt to practice my needleturn applique.   I am really enjoying it, even though I am a little slow but I can see improvement already.

Last weekend I went to the Craft Show in Sydney but I will show you what I bought (and who I caught up wih) in my next post (which I am doing now so you won't have to wait three months LOL).

Chat soon

Kylie xxx

2 comments:

Deb R said...

Shame on you for not blogging for ages !!! welcome back :)
I do love your owls too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

About time :) (LOL) Nice to see you back and love your cute little owls. Good luck for upcoming BAS & EOY time :)