Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Sydney Craft Show 2012


I had not planned to attend the Sydney Craft Show this year at it was DD's birthday on the same weekend and we were going to have her birthday celebrations on the Saturday.   At the last minute we decided to move the celebrations to Sunday which left Saturday free.  What was a girl to do when her great friend Raelee suggested I join her and her friend on a bus trip.    So at a very disgusting hour on Saturday morning we boarded our bus to Sydney (which left 3/4 late I might add - not happy about that).   Because we were late getting away it cut down our time at the Craft Show but we did manage to get around and see everything and of course make some purchases.



I could not resist Natalie Bird's new Red Home book, and a starter fabric pack and some ric rac.   I few months ago my bestie gave me a pack of fabric squares which I had admired.  What I did not realise until seeing more of them at the Craft Show was that they were Tilda fabrics - drrr.   So of course I had to buy a few more pieces to go with them.   The Fresh Fabric Treats book is gorgeous with some fab projects and I could not resist a little Babuska keyring from Babushka Heaven.

I went a little crazy on jumbo ric rac at the Craft Queen stand.


I also got to meet up with these lovely ladies from my online stitching group, Friends in Stitching.  Here I am (in the white scarf) with Christine, Sarah and Sue.   It was so great to meet you as well as Vicki, Lynda and De.

I was totally exhausted by the time I finally got home on Saturday night (am getting way to old) so next year will definitely be a sleepover.

Kylie xxx

6 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely goodies. How good is that ricrac!

De said...

Great purchases. Was so good to meet up with you even if only briefly.

Christine said...

Nice to meet you Kylie. You found lots of lovely things to take home .. have fun.

Deb R said...

Ohhh what lovely purchases, you cant go wrong with red!!!! Next year hopefully we can catch up at the show too!!
happy stitching Deb x

Chookyblue...... said...

Hey kylie
Glad to see you back blogging...wonderful to run into you and the girls very briefly........nice shopping..........

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did have a great DAY. We will have to sort out an overnight trip for next year too :)